Sunday, February 19, 2012

Aloha to the Honolulu Blend Show Chorus



On Friday night, we attended an ice cream social
hosted by the Honolulu Blend Show Chorus.
  

Four members formed the quartet,
One Night Stand.
  
The chorus invited my husband's quartet
to sing.   They are called Funny Bones.

Funny Bones invited Stephanie to be 
serenaded with Lida Rose.

Stephanie sang Will I Ever Tell You.
Both songs come from The Music Man.
  
Stephanie's own quartet, Aloha Spirit,
entertained the audience.

Stephanie introduced the barbershop chorus,
Sounds of Aloha. They sang Hi Neighbor.


Sounds of Aloha invited Eli to join them for Wonderful World.   Eli sings with the Honolulu Boys' Choir.   His choir sang during the opening scene of this season's H50 during the governor's funeral.   The choir also sang for Mrs. Obama and the APEC spouses at Kualoa Ranch.

The night would not be complete with out
the band Uku Nuku .... 

... with the ukulele.

The women invited me to sing but I explained that I have no musical talent.   How about you - do you have any talent singing or playing an instrument?  One randomly selected commenter from this week's blogs will win a book choice from my convention stash.

Mahalo,

Kim in Hawaii

Sunset over the channel


17 comments:

  1. Aloha Kim, I have a talent in singing and very nearly pursue ny dream to become a singer but I come from a traditional family background so I could not do what I want to do:). However becoming a singer still and will always be the deepest dream in my heart:). Aretha zhen , aretha_zhen(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think i can singing then playing an instrument, when i'm in high school, i'd learned to play guitar, but quit before i can play it ;(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to all the winners! Unfortunately I don't have any musical talents, although my fiancé plays piano & he loves classical music, but we never discuss it due to my lack of knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to all the winners. I loved the pictures. They looked like they were enjoying themselves. I used to play the clarinet but singing is a bit flat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like fun! Almost makes me wish I were there. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to the winners!

    I have no musical talent whatsoever! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the win and congrats to the other winners.

    I use to be in the choir in school and enjoyed it very much.

    catslady

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats, ladies. I used to play the recorder. I wish I could sing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to all the winners.

    I was in Choir from 6th grade until 12th grade. We went to the children's hospitals and sang for them and I had some much fun doing this, which I why I took choir for so long. We sang at the football games, the christmas celebrations, and had after school plays that we did all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to the winners! The ice cream social sounds like it was great fun and you did a great job with the pictures.

    In high school I used to sing, play the flute, clarinet, and the drums. No real talent to speak of which is why I don't do any of that today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wtg winners, I only took classes for guitar and flute but I dint know anymore lol
    Kimh

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like you guys had fun. I can play the violin.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish I had musical talent, I like to sing but wouldn't inflict it on anyone else and my 1 semester of piano lessons didn't cure my hands of their tendency to follow each other instead of playing chords independently.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to the winners! Nope, don't really have much musical talent. I do like to sing, but I'm not very good at it, which is why I mainly do it when I'm in the car alone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats to all of you winners! When i was younger, i could play the recorder and sing. I was pretty good. Now, im awful. lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats to the winners!
    I have not a single ounce of singing talent! I have never played a instrument either. My sister sings like a angel though and so jealous! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for the great coverage of our Ice Cream Social. If any of your readers are women singers who live in Hawaii and are interested in singing four part a cappella harmony barbershop style, Honolulu Blend Show Chorus would like to invite them to come to one of our rehearsals. We rehearse every Monday night from 6:30 to 9:30 at the Fleet Reserve Association at 891 Valkenburgh Street in Honolulu. They can contact 808 676-7251 for more information. Mahalo!

    ReplyDelete