Sunday, February 12, 2012

Aloha Stadium Swap Meet


We have a winner from Sand Island - Elf wins a book choice from my convention stash.

We have a winner from the Culinary Wars - Debby receives the WHY HAWAII RIVALS PARIS gift box. 

Plus I have four runner ups who win dried fruit  - coconut, mango, or pineapple (winners can trade fruit for book choice from convention stash) - Black Roze, Katie Babs, Miss Kallie, and Johanna.

Renee and I were also winners today with our visit to the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet!

I tried to buy fresh pineapple (right),
but the vendor insisted we try the
Li hing mui
 pineapple (dried plum spice - left).
It was delicious but I still prefer the pineapple plain.


Carved honu (tutle)


How about a hula girl?


Trouble with spelling (twice)


Aloha print luggage


Aloha Pua'a (pig)


Giant lollipops


Hanging baskets made of puka shells


Aloha shirts in every pattern


Tiki gods in every size


Tshirts in every color


Surf board magnets


Singing frogs .... 


... in every color.


Hawaiian Flat Bottles at
www.hawaiianflatbottles.com


The bottles can be used as a
wall decoration or serving dish.


Even Hello Kitty is flattened!


We also met the uber talented Tom Yim from Photography of Hawaii.  I invited him to join me for an interview in the future as he is worth his own post!


To whet your appetite of his work, check out these links:


- North Shore' at this link.


- Waikiki Beach at this link.


- Diamond Head at this link.


Have you found a treasure at a swap meet, garage sale, or even thrift shop?  One randomly selected commenter will win two treats from the Swap Meet - a pineapple magnet and choice of coin purse (see below).   Comments are open to all readers.   Comments are open through Saturday, February 18, 10 pm in Hawaii.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, February 19.

Mahalo,



Kim in Hawaii




15 comments:

  1. Congratulations to all the winners.

    I don't go to many swap meets but the last time I went I found a really pretty dragon statue for my shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to all!! I have found some lovely pitchers in bowls at flea markets, but I think my favorite treasure is the copper teapot I found for just $2.00. Of course, I'm still trying to get the darn thing cleaned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, winners. I've never been to a garage sale. My friend did buy a skateboard for a few dollars in a garage sale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the prize Kim, I also am enjoying my virtual tour of the swap meet. I am a sucker for "bargains" so it is much better to attend through your pictures although you know I was cringing at the 'luggage tags', lol. I too prefer my pineapple unadulterated! Congrats to the other winners.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats you lucky winners. :)
    I love swap meets, garage and yard sales and Estate sales here in Jersey. I found a few things through the years but no major finds. An antique compact in excellent condition but I collect them and was thrilled when I saw it for $1.00 and then a great rocking chair for $5.00 which when re painted and cushioned makes for such great reading. :)
    Carol L
    Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Kim and congrats to the other winners. I used to go to a huge flea market and get all sorts of goodies. I loved to go for stocking stuffers. I found some real gems

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have found a few cool things at Garage sales and thrift stores but nothing too exciting. I love going to garage sales and swap meets though. I love craft fairs as well. I just found a super cute baby doll crib at the Goodwill for my littlest girl. It has Peter Rabbit stenciled on it and was loved by someone long ago! Now my little one will love it too! You never know what you might find! Thanks for sharing! Congrats to all the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to the winners!

    Oh, what fun. Everything in such pretty colors. The baskets are beautiful. My one daughter just bought our uncle one of those flat bottles for Christmas. I use to go to flea markets all the time - mostly for books lol. Jigsaw puzzles were another item. I try to stay away from them now because I'm running out of room lol.

    catslady

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to the winners!

    Besides books, I've found some beautiful green glass vases and bowls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. congratulations to all the winners...
    Oh my I love YOUR swap meet the last one i went to was for electronics DH is a tinker hates paying someone else to fix things he can do better & with more care.Love Love fresh pineapple i would love to try spiced pineapple right form the island .
    I adore all the colorful things & OMGosh that carved Turtle such talent.
    I cant wait to see & your interview with Tom yin his eye is amazing ( If Only)
    Have a good one Ann/alba

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats all winners ;)

    i love book and more love discount =D

    the other is sourvenir from my country.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found some books at a swap meet. The pictures look very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to the winners! And Congrats to you Kim for going to the Aloha stadium swap meet. I am not a big shopper, but I must say, I could spend a lot of time at that swap meet. It looks like so much fun!!! As far a treasure, I know this might sound strange, but I bought a couple of cooking pots at a work sale. People brought in items they no longer wanted and then we bid on them and the highest bidder won the item. Anyway, I bought the cooking pots and they aren't anything special but I love them. And they were only 50 cents!

    ReplyDelete