Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Aloha to the YA Spooky Slumber Party - Getting Ready for the RT Booklovers' Convention in Dallas


On Monday, I shared my adventure to Carol's Western Wear (link) for the RT Booklovers' Convention in Dallas (link).  Now I focus on the parties, including the YA Spooky Slumber Party (link):

Put on your jammies and join us for some spooky, silly fun and games! Challenge your favorite YA authors to time-honored slumber party favorites like Truth or Dare and Boy Meets Girl, and create your very own spooky flash fiction. Snacks and prizes abound — and the best slippers win!

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 10:15pm to 11:55pm

Hosts: Kathleen Baldwin, Kate Brauning, Rachel Caine, Erica C
ameron, Sona Charaipotra, Lizzy Charles, Dhonielle Clayton, Zoraida Cordova,  Kady Cross, Lindsay Cummings, Liz Czukas (aka Ellie Cahill), Bree Despain, Sarah Fine, Tara Fuller (aka Nicolette Day), René Gilley, Abbi Glines, Cynthia Hand, Rachel Harris, Lorraine Heath (aka Rachel Hawthorne), Colleen Houck, C.C. Hunter (aka Christie Craig), JR Johansson, Sophie Jordan, Stacey Kade, Lydia Kang, Brigid Kemmerer, Ophelia London, BL Marsh, Gretchen McNeil,Jodi Meadows, LH Nicole (aka Lisa Hood), Lea Nolan, Sara Raasch, Victoria Scott, J.A. Souders, Tamara Ireland Stone, and Nicole Zoltack



I accept the challenge "and the best slippers win!" Slippers, er, slippahs in Hawaii are flip flops.  But I shall strive to create a pair of "bedroom shoes" that will knock the socks off the judges!

Notice my family's NFL allegiances ... plus a few cat hairs as our feline friends sleep on them in the closet.

I am giving away a book choice from my convention stash to one randomly selected commenter from this week's blogs. To enter the giveaway,

1. Leave a comment about slippers - do you use them? Or slipper socks? Or bare feet?

2. Comments are open through Saturday, March 14, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3. I'll post the winner on Sunday, March 15.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City


9 comments:

  1. I do wear slippers and in the winter I wear slipper socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wear slippers and socks in the winter - sometimes slipper socks. I usually wear flip flops or sandles in the summer. I've found that with cats around, it's never safe to go barefoot lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do a little of everything. I usually cannot find my slippers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a barefoot kind of gal, but will put on a pair of socks when the house gets cold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use slippers all the time - if my feet are cold the rest of me is cold - right now I'm wearing slipper boots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love slippers, loving the nfl slippers
    Thanks
    Kimh

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always use slipper socks, they are so comfy. I would be lost within them. I wear them to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really a wonderful post!! I also wear slippers and socks in winter. Hey, I just love winter parties and night outs. My birthday falls in winter so I always prefer celebrating the day at outdoor venues in DC.

    ReplyDelete