Dear Boy Scouts in Maui,
While you are flora and fauna-ing it over on The Valley Isle, boo-hoo, where your toughest choice is deciding between 81 beaches of inviting sands colored by the whims of ancient volcano gods, know this: you are lucky! Whether you hit up the Sugar Cane Train on your expedition or learn how to windsurf in Kihei, please take a break from counting your farts or whatever it is you boys do for entertainment, and breathe in the (hopefully non-fermented) sweetest air on the planet.
Having never been a Boy Scout, I have, however, dated a few grown up ones, and I would like to officially go on the record to petition for some new merit badges:
1. I will see your helping an Auntie across the street and raise you with a “Learn your Mom’s favorite shave ice flavor.” (Root beer rules.) And then surprise her with it.
2. Mastering a little Lomilomi for that special lady in your life will take you far. A shoulder squeeze, little reflexology on the tootsies . . . Shaka to you. Well done.
3. Roses are overrated. You will NEVER go wrong with orchids. Never.
So whether you are looking for fun or trouble in Maui, remember two things:
1. The smeller is the feller,
2. You are lucky, because you’ve just been given the Wahine Secrets of Life.
Mahalo, Jaswinder, for joining us today at SOS Aloha! We will look for you on Maui! I featured Jaswinder and her creator, Dee DeTarsio at this link. I am giving away a Maui calendar to one randomly selected commenter. To enter the giveaway,
1. Leave ac omment about your favorite flavors for shave ice (or ice cream).
2. This giveaway is open to all readers.
3. Comments are open through Saturday, October 6, 10 pm in Hawaii. I'll post the winner on Sunday, October 7.
Kim in Hawaii
To learn more about Jaswinder and other adventures from Dee DeTarsio, check out her website at deedetarsio.wordpress.com.
|Even Danno and Steve like shave ice ...|