Friday, February 8, 2013

Aloha to Lanikai Beach




I often post pictures from Bellows Beach.  You'll notice the rocks in the above picture .... they represent the boundary of the military reservation.  The other side of the rocks is Lanikai, "heavenly sea". 


Lanikai is defined by the two islands collectively called Mokulua.


Moku is island and lua is two ... two islands!


The water is breathtaking ... 
  

... it attracts all creatures!  
  

Lanikai offers a view of Mokapu, home of the Marine Corps Base Hawaii (MCBH). 
  

In the foreground, a windsurfer enjoys the blue water.  In the background, the historic radar on MCBH.   


Lanikai offers all water recreation, including outriggers!   Do you have a favorite water sport?  One randomly selected commenter from this week's blogs wins a book choice from my convention stash.  This giveaway is open to all readers.  Comments are open through Saturday, February 9, 10 pm in Hawaii.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, February 10, on SOS Aloha.

Mahalo,

Kim in Hawaii

The yellow hibiscus is the state flower.



14 comments:

  1. Your pictures Kim always want me to jump on a plane and visit you and the Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing pictures. I wish I was there and not here waiting for a snow storm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures, as always, never cease to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not really since I can't swim. Envious of your photos! We are having a big snow storm here....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Swimming to a limited extent, but I like to swim in waters where I can see what's swimming with me. That's certainly true in Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks gorgeous there, right now we have a big snow storm going on.
    Love the water and being on a floater in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually don't have a favorite water spot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, love the photos. That beach is heavenly. I like to swim and snorkel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pictures, that little crab just posed for you didn't he. I like swimming but that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice pics, um crabs, wold like to surf
    Kimh

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely pictures. I tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not really near any water so nothing really. Love the pics - the blues are so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete