Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Unexpected heroes at the Fall Festival



Last week, my youngest's elementary school hosted its annual Fall Festival ...


... where we found unexpected heroes from ...


... the Mobile Diving Salvage Unit One!

   
Above and below are their "vintage" equipment ....
   
  
... modern equipment allows them to play ...


.... Tic Tac Diver with the children!


They were heroes to the children!  Do you have any diving experience?  One randomly selected commenter from this week's blogs wins a book choice from my convention stash.  This giveaway is open to all readers.  Comments are open through Saturday, November 17, 10 pm in Hawaii.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, November 18.

Mahalo,

Kim in Hawaii 

Hickam's Freedom Tower is ready for the holidays!


14 comments:

  1. Our whole family loves to dive. Hawai'i is such a great place to see beautiful underwater creatures and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have not woud Ike to,
    Kimh

    ReplyDelete
  3. No diving experience, but would love to try it someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have done snorkeling but no diving. I an not sure I want to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not after witnessing our neighbor (a very pretty girl) jump from a cliff only to find out that the water wasn't that deep, hit her leg on a sharp stone, resulting to a very deep wound. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, I hardly even swim. I can swim in a pool but that's it. I won't be doing any diving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No... but I want to. I can't swim so it's hard!

    ReplyDelete
  8. None at all since I'm not really a swimmer but it looks fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't have any diving experience. I can't even swim!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love fall festivals! The only time I even thought about diving was many years ago. You got to wear one of the old style diving helmets (and since I wear glasses, this was a nice selling point), however, the sea was pretty wild that day and the adventure had to be scrapped.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No diving experience at all, but I would like to try it sometime if given the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  12. No I do not dive, heck, I don't even swim although I would like to.
    Are those shoes in the picture?
    Thanks for sharing such great pictures.

    ReplyDelete