Saturday, November 17, 2012

Stand up paddling at Hickam Beach!


Marjorie is the winner from last week's posts!  I was a winner when my friend hosted an office lunch at the Hickam Beach!   I tagged along .... and was amazed that her coworker could cut a pineapple right there at the beach!  She shared her secret - Maui Gold pineapples come directions!  


As her office prepared lunch, I noticed a yoga class ... atop the stand up paddle boards!


I am amazed by their agility!


The water is tranquil for yoga!  


My friend's husband brought his stand up paddling boards from BLUE PLANET SURF (at this link).


I stayed safely on land!


Hickam Beach is near the reef runway where flights take off ... 


... and bank right to avoid Diamond Head!  


My friend taught a coworker how to stand up paddle, starting on the knees ...


 ... while a group of guys headed to the reef runway!  What's your favorite form of exercise - yoga?  Stand up paddling?   Surfing?   Mine is walking along the Pearl Harbor Channel!   One randomly selected commenter from this week's blogs wins a book choice from my convention stash.  This giveaway is open to all readers.  Comments are open through Saturday, November 24, 10 pm in Hawaii.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, November 25.

Mahalo,

Kim in Hawaii



14 comments:

  1. Great pics, I do sit ups some times
    Kimh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like walking and yoga. I would like to try Zumba.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, I don't exercise the way I should...occasionally, I will walk and I try to make sure I park away from the stores that I am going to so that I walk across the parking lot (which of course, makes my hubby worry that someone will run over me--that would definitely negate any benefits of any exercise that I get!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pic are awesome and blog look is very great with pics of paddle boards. I love to Surfing on paddle boards with benefits of doing surf and as well as yoga. By:Stand Up Paddle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't excercise occasionaly but love walking

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like yoga myself. Great for many things. I do also walk occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I take both a cardio class and a yoga class. I use an elliptical machine at home. I always feel better after exercising.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite way to excerise is walking!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Walking is nice. It's free and it's the most natural thing to do in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos! Wish I am there!

    For me, it's running/jogging. It just keeps my mind off things!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't exercise nearly enough. Bowling if that counts lol. Boccie in the summer. Neither is very strenuous lol. Running up and down my steps at home is it on some days lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Walking, with my friends, is my favorite form of exercise these days. Would love to belong to a gym, but can't afford it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Superb designing write-up by the blogger, its so enjoyable post by the blogger....so i want to thanks for sharing it. http://crocstix.com/

    ReplyDelete