Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Aloha to Royal Caribbean Weekend Cruise - Port Canaveral


Last weekend, I flew to Orlando, where I joined a group of college friends for a Caribbean Cruise. We collectively celebrated our 50th birthdays.   We cruised on Royal Caribbean's Enchantment of the Seas.  From its website (link),

Adventurers, relaxation seekers, cruisers young and old – here's the ship for you. Enchantment of the Seas® boasts bungee trampolines to spring you sky high, rock-climbing wall, and an interactive Splash Deck – along with plenty of spaces that soothe, like the VitalitySM Spa and the adults-only Solarium pool. When the night heats up, follow dinner with a scoop from Ben & Jerry's, a Broadway-style show, and salsa moments at Boleros Latin-themed lounge. Now that's a day and night to remember!


We boarded the ship for lunch and enjoyed a cocktail upon arrival.  My choice - Mai Tai!


At 4 pm, we departed Port Canaveral ... 


 ... with a pilot boat by our side.


Meanwhile, the cruise director kicked off the party on the pool deck!  Next stop:  Nassau, Bahamas.

Have you taken a cruise?  One randomly selected commenter from this week's posts wins a book choice from my convention stash.  Comments are open through Saturday, October 31, 10 pm in Baltimore.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, November 1, at SOS Aloha.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

The pilot boat left us to navigate the Atlantic coast.

10 comments:

  1. I love cruises. I've been on a couple of Carnival cruises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cruises. My last one was not as luxurious. But we went tot he Greek Islands. So who cares?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, lucky you, I have never been on a cruise. The closest I ever got to that was being on a ferry from Vancouver, B.C. to Victoria B.C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun! I've taken several cruises and loved them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not yet, but it's on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No looks like fun
    Kimh

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never taken a cruise......:(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never been on a cruise but I've always wanted to!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes but over 40 yrs. ago - I would love to go on another one.

    ReplyDelete