Thursday, October 29, 2015

Aloha to Royal Caribbean Cruise Weekend - Junkanoo Beach


Junkanoo Beach is a short walk from the cruise ship piers.  It offers everything you would expect from a Bahama Beach ... white sand, Caribbean music, and coconuts galore.


I walked out onto the jetty, finding a new friend.


Across the channel is the tip of Paradise Island with a historic lighthouse and more lush beaches.


Ah, this is the life!


Three ships brought tourists to Nassau ... our ship, the Enchantment of the Seas, is sandwiched in the middle.


Who doesn't love coconuts?  One randomly selected commenter from this week's blogs wins a book choice from my convention stash.  Comments are open through Saturday, October 31, 10 pm in Baltimore.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, November 1 at SOS Aloha.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

Below is a satellite image of Nassau on New Providence Island, the lower land mass.  Junkanoo is the thin white strip to the right of the white rectangle.








8 comments:

  1. I've never had fresh coconut but I love coconut cream pie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love coconut! Coconut shrimp is a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not like coconuts and they do not like me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like coconuts in food, especially deserts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Actually I hate shredded coconut but if cooked or raw I enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. my favorite candy is Mounds with coconut, and love coconut cake!

    ReplyDelete