Sunday, January 1, 2012

Aloha to Aulani - Disney's Resort in Ko Olina



As a holiday treat, I booked a room at 
Disney's new resort on Oahu - Aulani.



Aulani means "Heavenly messanger" in Hawaii.  
Aulani is located in Ko Olina - 
the southwest corner of Oahu.  
The local staff offer genuine Aloha hospitality!



The developer built four lagoons in Ko Olina.  
One of the lagoons sits in front of Aulani. 
Yet all Hawaiian beaches are open to the public.   
Ko Olina provides public access paths and parking.   


My children posed with Stitch.


My mother soaked up the sun.



At the end of the day, a Hawaiian chanter performed 
a sunset ceremony to say goodbye to the sun.


The sun slips away.


Barbara poses with a "sea themed" tree.
Note the native "checkers" game on the wall.



I am giving away a 2012 Hawaiian calendar 
to one randomly selected commenter.  
This giveaway is open to all readers.  
Comments are open through Tuesday, January 3, 10 pm.
I'll post the winner on Wednesday, January 4.

Ko Olina looking towards Ka'ena Point.







5 comments:

  1. It looks so beautiful. I wish I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures. Wish I would be there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures. Looking at the pictures you post on your blogs is very relaxing - everything is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. So happy for your mother to have such a wonderful vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so lucky to have Disney there.
    Your Mom seems thrilled to be with you.
    I wish I was as well.

    ReplyDelete