Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Aloha to Honolulu Hale - Shaka under the Sea


Honolulu Hale (City Hall) turns into a Hall of Trees created by the city departments.  This year's theme was "Shaka under the Sea" - Shaka is the hand sign for "hang loose".    Above is an octopus from Community Services, made from Pork and Beans cans (I think the octopus ate the Spam) ....


... here's Ursula from THE LITTLE MERMAID courtesy of the Prosecutor's Office.  I thought this was very clever!


Emergency Services topped their tree with a octopus wearing a Santa's hat and police badge!


One office adopted the surfing Lorax .... 



... these fish are so happy!


Sid from ICE AGE makes a guest appearance in snorkeling gear.


Another Santa snorkeler ...

  
.... and a Santa with a lei!   What's your favorite holiday decoration in your house, neighborhood, or town?  One randomly selected commenter from this week's blogs wins a book choice from my convention stash.  This giveaway is open to all readers.  Comments are open through Saturday, December 29, 10 pm in Hawaii.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, December 30, on SOS Aloha.

Mahalo,


Kim in Hawaii



 The Royal Band sponsored this tree with 
Sponge Bob (left) and Scuba Santa (right).

15 comments:

  1. I love the big Christmas tree we have on our Town Green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the creativity! My favorite decoration is the three foot Nutcracker my daughter gave me a couple of years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like my snowmen candles the most.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a beautiful decorated Christmas tree!

    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the bright colors!! Oh, I don't have one favorite. I have many ornaments from over the years and I made a ceramic nativity scene and a ceramic Rudolph and table trees and so many more. May everyone have a marvelous Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas! I like the houses trimmed with lights.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! My daughter likes her Tinkerbell tree topper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those photos of the decorations are all super cute! I just enjoy seeing all the pretty lights on the houses in the neighborhood. It's so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the holiday windows at the department stores.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Christmas Village displayed in one of the biggest department store in our nearby city.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The big tree my the college
    Kimh

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the store window decorations. So beautiful and also the big tree our Town Hall has on it's front lawn.Happy Holidays to everyone.
    Carol L
    Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  13. My Christmas decorations that I really like are my santas from around the world.

    ReplyDelete